Image Map

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Parker's Island

This week the Professors and I took a journey to many different places.  I turned our classroom into a beach.  The first day, when the professors walked in, the floor was covered in ocean water and sad(blue and brown paper.  They were initially greeted by a bucket that said:  "Put your shoes in and enjoy learning on PARKER'S ISLAND".  So they all threw their socks and shoes in and found themselves a comfortable spot on the island.  Then they realized that on their desks, there were beach visors and leis!  So they draped the leis on themselves and then threw their visors on.  THEN they got back "in the ocean" and began their learning.  I designed the theme and decorated, THEN I added all the content.  News ELA was my very best friend throughout this week.  I would stretch the theme through centers, literacy, guided reading, math, and science.  It was incredibly fun.  By the end of the week, we had "visited" Jamaica, the Bahamas, and Hawaii!


No comments:

Post a Comment